Your Tenancy

Anti Social Behaviour

While levels of anti social behaviour (ASB) in Pembrokeshire are low, for those who have to live with it, it can cause a lot of worry and can affect the way people live their day to day life.

What is anti social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour is any behaviour that causes any person or household harassment, alarm or distress.

What should you do if you feel that you are suffering from anti-social behaviour?

Firstly, you do not have to put up with it!

There are several things that you can do:

  • Talk to the person causing the problem. ONLY do this if you feel that it is safe to do so and that you will be listened to
  • Get outside help. There is plenty of help available. See below for who to contact

Who can I contact about anti social behaviour?

It is important for witnesses to come forward, report anti-social behaviour and make a stand against the things that concern them and their community.

Depending on the type of anti-social behaviour you are experiencing, the following agencies will be involved in tackling the problem.

  • Police – if you are experiencing anti-social behaviour which involves someone being violent or threatening, damaging or threatening to damage your property, or being racially abusive, always contact the Police on 999 immediately. This number is for emergencies only.  If you would like advice from the Police but it is not an emergency, please ring 101.
  • Pembrokeshire County Council Housing – to report problems with your neighbours or people living close to you as long as they are Council tenants please call 01437 764551
  • Pembrokeshire County Council Environmental Health – to report noise, nuisance, abandoned vehicles, dangerous dogs, dog fouling, fly/illegal tipping please call 01437 764551
  • Local tenants and residents group – If you have an active tenants or residents group in your area they may be able to help with your problem. 

Keep a record

Keeping a log of all acts of anti-social behaviour will help build up a detailed picture of the problems you are experiencing. You will need to record the following information:

  • Date and time
  • Details of what happened
  • Who is involved, if possible

You can get special forms for reporting anti-social behaviour from your anti social behaviour co-ordinator by calling 01437 769669 or from the Council by calling 01437 764551. 


ID: 1761, revised 03/10/2023