Your Home

Help with decorating

Do the Council offer help with the cost of decorating?

When you sign the Tenancy Agreement for your home, depending on the decorative condition of the property, you may be given an allowance. The decoration of your home is your responsibility.

The decoration allowance is an order for paint and other materials, which should be collected from the Council’s depot stores at the Building maintenance offices, Thornton Industrial Estate, Steynton, Milford Haven 

Alternatively, materials can be collected from the Fishguard Building maintenance offices, Feidr Castell, Fishguard.

You must start decoration work shortly after collecting the materials, and these must be used on the property at which you are a tenant.

If you are unable to carry out your own decoration work and have no friends or members of your family who can help, you may be able to get assistance. Please contact your Housing Officer for advice.

Tel: 0800 085 6622

ID: 1751, revised 12/11/2021