Black Bag Collections
Waste that cannot be recycled is collected fortnightly.
Householders are required to provide their own black bags to contain the waste.
How should I store my waste between collections?
By following this simple hygiene checklist potential problems will be avoided.
- Securely wrap and tie any potentially smelly waste
- Use a bin for storing your black bags
- Ensure the bag is securely tied at the time of collection
- Try to avoid storing your bin/bag in direct sunlight
- Occasionally rinse out the bin with disinfectant
- Waste such as nappies, incontinence waste, stoma bags and hygiene products should be double wrapped before being placed in the bin
- Use your food waste bin for food waste, as this will continue to be collected weekly