Black Bag Collections
Waste that cannot be recycled is collected fortnightly.
Householders are required to provide their own black bags to contain the waste. There is a weight limit of 20kg per bag. Upon lifting each bag, an assessment of the weight is made, if it is felt the weight exceeds the limit, we will be unable to remove the bag from the kerbside.
How should I store my waste between collections?
By following this simple hygiene checklist potential problems will be avoided.
- Securely wrap and tie any potentially smelly waste
- Use a bin for storing your black bags
- Ensure the bag is securely tied at the time of collection
- Try to avoid storing your bin/bag in direct sunlight
- Occasionally rinse out the bin with disinfectant
- Waste such as nappies, incontinence waste, stoma bags and hygiene products should be double wrapped before being placed in the bin
- Use your food waste bin for food waste, as this will continue to be collected weekly