The Riverside: Information
The Riverside, opened in December 2018, is a flagship cultural facility in the heart of Haverfordwest town centre.
The result of an exciting partnership between Pembrokeshire County Council and The National Library of Wales,
The Riverside features:
- Library - A 21st century library space, blending traditional book stock with online access and self-service technology.
- Gallery - A venue of national significance, in partnership with The National Library of Wales, bringing some of the nation’s treasures to the county.
- Visitor Information - A first stop for the county’s visitors, highlighting holiday hotspots and hidden gems.
- Children - A castle-themed area, complete with children’s reading tower and an interactive story wall.
- The Life Hub - The Life Hub: Ways to Wellbeing features a wealth of information on ‘Health and Wellbeing’, and ‘Work and Money Skills’.
- Coffee Shop - A perfect spot to meet friends, enjoy a good book or unwind with a coffee and a riverside view.
Funding to build the facility came from a range of sources including:
- Pembrokeshire County Council
- Welsh Government
- the Wolfson Foundation
- the Foyle Foundation
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority.
Haverfordwest Town Council have given a five-year funding package to ensure the library is able to open throughout the year on Saturday afternoons, the previous library having been open on Saturday mornings only.