The Childcare Offer Wales
Who can apply? Am I eligible
The Childcare Offer is open to any family living in Pembrokeshire as long as they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is 3- 4 years’ old
- Lives in Pembrokeshire
- Both parents /co-habiting couples must be working in a two parent family, or the sole parent in a lone parent family
- Earn a weekly minimum equivalent of 16 hours at the national minimum wage or national living wage
If you meet the eligibility above, you will be able to check your eligibility and apply online for the Childcare Offer for Wales by completing an online application
Families where both parents are in receipt of the benefits below will not be able to access the offer:
- Carers allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Employment and support allowance
- Incapacity benefit
- National insurance credits on the grounds of incapacity for work or limited capability for work
- Long term incapacity benefit
What happens if my partner or I lose our job?
Should a parent fall out of eligibility, a temporary exemption period of 8 weeks will be granted during which they will be able to continue to access the offer.
Exceptions to eligibility:
Where one parent meets the eligibility criteria and the other parent is in receipt of one of the benefits above, the child will still be able to access the offer.
There are some exceptions to parents eligibility. To check regarding these phone 01545 570881 to speak to the Childcare Offer Team in Ceredigion.
- Parent on maternity/paternity /adoption leave
- Parent on long term sick leave
- One parent on some benefits e.g. carers allowance, incapacity benefit etc. (this does not apply to single parents)