The Childcare Offer Wales
Who can apply? Am I eligible
Who is eligible for the Childcare Offer?
The Childcare Offer is open to any family living in Pembrokeshire as long as they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is 3- 4 years’ old
- Lives in Pembrokeshire
- Both parents /co-habiting couples must be working or in education or training in a two-parent family, or the sole parent in a lone parent family
- Earn a weekly minimum equivalent of 16 hours at the national minimum wage or national living wage
- OR be in receipt of specific caring benefits, provided the other parent meets the income requirement (see exceptions below)
- Earn less than the maximum income of £100,000 per annum per parent
If you meet the eligibility above, you will be able to check your eligibility and apply online for the Childcare Offer for Wales by completing an online application.
Parents in education or training will be eligible for the Offer from September 2022. Applications are now open for funding to start in September.
A parent in education or training can be a parent who is either:
- enrolled on a Higher Education (HE) undergraduate or postgraduate course that is at least 10 weeks in length. This includes courses delivered via distance learning.
- enrolled on a course that is at least 10 weeks in length and which is delivered at a Further Education (FE) Institution. This includes courses delivered via distance learning.
Exceptions to eligibility
Families in the following situations will still be eligible to access the offer:
Parents who are temporarily away from the workplace or suspended their studies either because of sickness or because of parental leave. This includes maternity leave, statutory shared parental paid leave, and adoption leave.
Where one parent meets the eligibility criteria and the other parent is in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Incapacity benefit
- Carers allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Long term incapacity benefit
- Employment and support allowance
- National insurance credits on the grounds of incapacity for work or limited capability for work
Single parents who and families where both parents are in receipt of the above benefits will not be able to access the offer.
Please note that all parents, guardians, step-parents, and live-in partners within the child's household will need to meet the eligibility criteria in order for that child to be able to take up the offer.
Where parents have separated
Custody is not shared equally:
- The parent with primary custody will be eligible to take up the offer if the eligibility criteria is met
Custody is shared equally:
- One parent will need to be nominated as the lead parent for the offer
- Only one parent will be eligible to apply for that child