Support from Adult Care - Assessments

Support from Social Care - Assessments

You can ask for an assessment of needs for yourself, a family member or friend or the person you are looking after. This assessment should take all circumstances into account, including your contribution to the person’s care and the help you need to go on caring.

You may also find it useful to ask their advice on how to help the person you are caring for to become less dependent on you. In many cases, with a little support and guidance, someone who has had a set back can re-learn skills. Adult Care staff are expert in identifying what support is needed to help people regain their independence.  

Support may also be available prior to the needs assessment being carried out. 

Pembrokeshire Carers Information & Support Services offers help and support to carers, aged 18+. You can contact them on:

Tel: 01437 611002 or email

Carers UK - Assessments Wales (opens in a new tab)

ID: 2194, revised 13/05/2024