Full of Life at 50 Plus
This section is designed to help you make the most of being over 50 and planning for your future.
We are currently in the 3rd phase of the Strategy for Older People Wales 2013 -2023.
This phase focuses on ensuring that older people in Wales have the resources they need to deal with the challenges and opportunities they face.
Desired outcomes for this phase of the Strategy by the Welsh Government for Wales are:
- Social participation - Older people enjoy a better quality of life, have active social lives (if desired), and loneliness and unwanted social isolation is minimised. Older people are not subjected to abuse.
- Diversity - Older people are not discriminated against because of their age, and do not experience multiple discrimination on account of gender, ethnicity, disability, religion and belief, or sexual orientation, in addition to their age.
- Access to information - Older people have access to information and advice about services and opportunities, and are not disadvantaged when accessing them.
- Learning and activities - Older people have opportunities to be engaged in lifelong learning and other appropriate social activities.
- Healthy Ageing - Older people enjoy good physical, mental and emotional health and well-being with the aim of being able to live independently for longer, with a better quality of life and continue to work and participate in their communities.
- Shared spaces - Older people find public places welcoming, safe and accessible.
- Living in the community - Older people are able to participate and contribute in their communities and access services and amenities.
- Transport - Older people can access affordable and appropriate transport which assists them to play a full part in family, social and community life.
- Housing - Older people have access to housing and services that supports their needs and promote independence.
- Pensions and other income - Older people have an adequate standard of income and are receiving all the financial benefits to which they are entitled.
- Energy - Older people live in energy efficient homes and can afford to heat their homes to the temperature required to protect health.
- Financial inclusion - older people can access appropriate financial advice and services, and are not over-indebted.
- Employment - Older people who want to work are able to do so and can access help with re-skilling and retraining.
Pembrokeshire 50+ Central Forum meets on a monthly basis except August and December.
The meetings take place on the third Thursday of the month at 10:30am
In Pembrokeshire there is a representative body that would like to hear you is:-
Pembrokeshire 50+ Forum
Chair : Gaynor Davies
Secretary: Peter Arkle
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07708 678789
Pembrokeshire's Older Person's Champion is
Cllr. Simon Hancock
Contact : email@example.com
The Older Persons strategy is currently being updated. Contact Sarah Hagin 01437 764551
The Age Friendly Communities Team, Pembrokeshire County Council
Tel: 01437 764551