COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at or How to apply for a Covid-19 test,

Safeguarding Adults and Children

Who might carry out abuse?

People who need care and support need to trust and depend upon a wide range of people who offer them help in many forms. But unfortunately we know that abuse can happen anywhere and can be carried out by anyone such as:

  • family, friends neighbours
  • paid staff, carers, volunteers
  • other service users or tenants
  • strangers

If you or others have concerns about the welfare of a child, young person or adult, you must report it immediately. For information, advice or assistance please contact the Child Care Assessment Team (CCAT) or the Adult Safeguarding Team.

Contact Us:-

Child Care Assessment Team: 01437 776444
Adult Safeguarding Team: 01437 776056
Social Services out of Hours: 0300 333 2222


In an emergency ring 999
Non-emergency: 101 

Other Useful Telephone Numbers / Links :-



0808 800 5000


0800 1111

Care Inspectorate Wales

0300 790 0126


0808 808 8141 

Age UK 

0800 169 6565 

Ann Craft Trust 

0115 951 5400  


0808 808 0700  

Victim Support 

0808 168 9111 

Hafan Cymru

01267 225 555

Welsh Womens Aid

0808 801 0800


Social Services and Well-being Act (Wales) 2014

Working together to safeguard children

Wales Safeguarding Procedures

Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.

ID: 2188, revised 17/09/2021