Regional Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards were established as per part 7 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014, and have replaced Local Safeguarding Children Boards.
The aim of all CYSUR & CWMPAS activity is to improve outcomes for adults at risk, children, young people and their families.
What is CYSUR?
- CYSUR is the Mid and West Wales Regional Safeguarding Children Board.
- CYSUR is an acronym for Child and Youth Safeguarding: Unifying the Region and is also the Welsh word for reassurance.
- CYSUR is an amalgamation of the former Local Safeguarding Children Boards in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys.
What is CWMPAS?
- CWMPAS is the Mid and West Wales Regional Safeguarding Adults Board.
- CWMPAS is an acronym for Collaborative Working and Maintaining Partnership in Adult Safeguarding and is also the Welsh word for scope or remit.
- The CWMPAS remit also stretches across Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys.