The Road Safety Unit are pleased to be bringing you the 'Mature Driver Course' for people aged 65+. We want to keep you mobile and independent, and keep you confident behind the wheel.
Why not take advantage of this informal and relaxed day-long session, benefiting from the expertise of an experienced driver trainer and a fully qualified approved driving instructor?
You do not need to bring your car to benefit from this session – we provide the wheels.
Previous participants have valued the opportunity to attend the theory and practical sessions… but don't just take our word for it, here’s what some had to say:
'I have re-learnt a lot of what I should have known but over the years have forgotten'
'This really helped my confidence; everyone should do this course - thank you all'
'I can now do Morrison’s roundabout with confidence'
What is the course all about?
- Helping to keep you driving safer for longer
- The ageing process and driving safely
- Addressing your personal concerns about your driving now and for the future
- Identifying bad driving habits. You might have picked some up over the years!
- Updates to the Highway Code
This course is not:
- A test of your driving skills
- A formal assessment of your driving
How much does the course cost?
Thanks to Road Safety grant funding from Welsh Government the course is free of charge to residents of Pembrokeshire.
Courses will be delivered at Haverfordwest Fire Station during the morning and will be followed by practical drives in the afternoon. The full course itinerary will be emailed to you 1 – 2 weeks ahead of your scheduled course.
When are the courses running?
We have Mature Driver Courses running on the following dates:
- Wednesday 20th September 2023
- Wednesday 18th October 2023
- Wednesday 15th November 2023
- Wednesday 24th January 2024
- Wednesday 21st February 2024
- Wednesday 20th March 2024
The courses begin at 10.00am and end by 4.00pm.
If you have any questions, or wish to book a place, please contact us via –
Telephone: 01437 775144 / 07767 173186