i-Size car seat regulations
i-Size is the new set of regulations for child car seats and came into enforce in summer 2013. Parents should familiarise themselves with the requirements to keep their children safe.
i-Size makes travelling in a car with your child safer because:
- your child should be kept rear facing until they are 15 months old
- the age, weight and height of your child is used
- Isofix seats should be used which are easier to fit
- your child is protected from side impact
- greater protection is given to your child’s head, neck and vital organs
Video highlighting the Rear facing car seats vs Forward facing car seats. For your child's safety keep them rearward facing as long as possible.