How to apply for copy certificates
We hold records for Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnership which took place in Pembrokeshire from 1837.
How do I apply for a certificate?
- Complete one of the following forms via My Account.
- Call into our office in Haverfordwest to complete an application form and make payment.
- Telephone us on 01437 775176 and provide details for your application and make payment by credit or debit card.
What will it cost?
The certificate cost will depend on which options you select from below.
Certificates will be available for collection or posted 2nd class in 15 working days.
Applications received between 9.00am and 3.00pm Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) will be available for collection between 4.00pm and 5.00pm on the day the application is received or anytime during office hours thereafter. Applications received after 3.00pm or on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays will be available for collection next working day between 4.00pm and 5.00pm. If certificates are to be posted, they will be sent 1st class with any applications received by 1.00pm posted the same working day they are received, applications received after 1.00pm will be posted the following working day.
Signed for and next day delivery postage options are also available.
You can also collect from the Register Office, Pembrokeshire Archives, Haverfordwest
What information do I need to provide?
- your name, current address and a contact telephone number
- your reason for applying
- if you are applying for a certificate for another person, state your relationship to that person
- full names at birth
- date of birth
- place of birth
- father's names (if applicable) and mother's names to include maiden surname (if known)
- full names of the deceased
- date of death and place of death
- date of birth or age at death
- last address and last occupation.
- man's full name
- woman's full name
- date of marriage
- place of marriage
Civil Partnership Certificate
- full names of both parties at the time of civil partnership
- date of civil partnership
- place of civil partnership
There are two types of civil partnership certificates - An extract certificate does not show the addresses of either party. The standard copy gives full details.
To apply for a standard certificate, you will need to provide the addresses of both parties at the time of the formation of the civil partnership.
Can I apply for a Certificate of Adoption?
Records of adoptions are not held in the Pembrokeshire Register Office. If you require a birth certificate for a person born in Pembrokeshire and subsequently adopted you should apply to the Adopted Children's Register at the General Register Office (opens in a new tab) for an adoption certificate.
Pembrokeshire Registration Service
Pembrokeshire Register Office
Tel 01437 775176
Opening hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm