Registration Service

How to apply for copy certificates

We hold records for Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnership which took place in Pembrokeshire from 1837.

How do I apply for a certificate?

  • Complete one of the following forms via My Account. 
  • Call into our office in Haverfordwest to complete an application form and make payment. 
  • E-mail us providing the details outlined below and then telephone us to make payment by credit or debit card. Our e-mail address is and our telephone number 01437 775176.
  • Telephone us on 01437 775176 and provide details for your application and make payment by credit or debit card.
  • Write us a letter or download and complete an application form (pdf format) setting out the relevant information and include your current address and a contact telephone number. Enclose payment with your letter and a stamped addressed envelope.

pdf icon Application for a Birth Certificate (PDF)

pdf icon Application for a Death Certificate (PDF)

pdf icon Application for a Marriage Certificate (PDF)

pdf icon Application for a Civil Partnership Certificate (PDF)

What will it cost?

The certificate cost will depend on which options you select from below.

Please note priority service is not available for family history requests, or at weekends.


If your application is for delivery overseas please contact us to pay for additional postage.  

You can also collect from the Register Office, 1 Cherry Grove, Haverfordwest.

What information do I need to provide?

  • your name, current address and a contact telephone number
  • your reason for applying
  • if you are applying for a certificate for another person, state your relationship to that person

Birth Certificate 

  • full names at birth
  • date of birth
  • place of birth
  • father's names (if applicable) and mother's names to include maiden surname (if known)

Death Certificate 

  • full names of the deceased
  • date of death and place of death
  • date of birth or age at death
  • last address and last occupation.

Marriage Certificate 

  • man's full name
  • woman's full name
  • date of marriage
  • place of marriage

Civil Partnership Certificate 

  • full names of both parties at the time of civil partnership
  • date of civil partnership
  • place of civil partnership

There are two types of civil partnership certificates - An extract certificate does not show the addresses of either party. The standard copy gives full details.

To apply for a standard certificate, you will need to provide the addresses of both parties at the time of the formation of the civil partnership.

Can I apply for a Certificate of Adoption?

Records of adoptions are not held in the Pembrokeshire Register Office. If you require a birth certificate for a person born in Pembrokeshire and subsequently adopted you should apply to the Adopted Children's Register at the General Register Office for an adoption certificate.

Contact us 

Pembrokeshire District Register Office
1 Cherry Grove
SA61 2NZ

Tel 01437 775176
Fax 01437 779357

Opening hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm

Limited 2 hour free parking is available behind the Register Office

ID: 74, revised 22/08/2018