You need to consider if your event needs a lost child station.
All staff at the lost child station should be registered under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
A register of all lost children/persons should be maintained which includes:
- date and time of when reported lost
- lost persons details (name, date of birth)
- details of who they were with
- details of when and where they were last seen.
Once a missing person has been reported:
- Put out a message for the parents/guardian to report to the station as soon as possible. Think about how this can be done at your event.
- DBS staff should then check the persons ID to ensure they are the parents/guardian.
- At all times the DBS staff must update the event organisers with details.