Leasing Scheme Wales – Pembrokeshire
If you own property in Pembrokeshire you can rent it out with our help through Leasing Scheme Wales.
Express your interest
If you are a landlord you can express your interest in the scheme by completing this online form:
What is Leasing Scheme Wales?
Leasing Scheme Wales is a leasing scheme funded by the Welsh Government and managed by local authorities. The scheme offers landlords the opportunity to lease their property to us for guaranteed rent payment for a period of 5 to 20 years.
The scheme aims to allow more people to rent privately in Wales, and for it to be a more affordable option. The scheme will provide security for tenants and confidence for landlords.
The scheme will:
- Improve access to homes in the private rented sector
- Provide longer term security of accommodation
- Offer affordability
- Provide support
- Improve standards
- Contribute to reducing homelessness
I am a landlord – what does this mean for me?
- Leases of between 5-20 years.
- Guaranteed rental payments for the length of the lease at the relevant Local Housing Allowance rate.
- Where necessary, an offer of up to £5000, as a grant, to bring properties up to an agreed standard and/or to increase the EPC rating to level C. Additional grant funding of up to £25,000 is available for empty properties.
- Access to up to £5,000, additional funding through the Optimised Retro-fit Programme (opens in a new tab) which is about creating carbon neutral homes with a fabric first approach.
- Repairs of any damage to the property made by tenants covered, subject to reasonable wear and tear, and the landlord’s liability for structural defects. This would form a term of the lease.
- A guarantee of appropriate support for tenants, throughout the lifetime of the lease.
If you are a landlord:
Tel: 01437 764551 and ask for the Julian Arthur – Private Rented Sector Officer
If you are at risk of becoming homeless:
Tel: 01437 764551 and ask for the Homeless Duty Officer
For more information: Welsh Government (opens in a new tab)