- Loans are available to owner occupiers, landlords, developers and charities / third sector.
- The applicant must be able to afford the loan repayments and undertake an affordability check in order to ensure they can meet loan repayments.
- Works undertaken with a loan must contribute to making the property warm, safe or secured
- Loans available from £1000 to £25,000 per "habitable unit" (house/flat) up to a maximum of £150,000 per applicant (6 units or more).
- Any loan offered taking into account existing mortgage/loan cannot exceed 80% of the current property value.
- The maximum repayment period will be ten years for an owner-occupier, five years for a private sector landlord.
- Repayments will be made monthly via Direct Debit; minimum repayments are:
- Owner Occupiers - £50/month
- Landlords - £100/month
A one-off administration fee will apply that may be paid over the term of the loan or paid up front; this will be decided by the applicant.
- For loans taken over up to 3 years, the fee will be 10%
- For loans taken over 4 - 10 years, the fee will be 15%
All approved loans are subject to a number of conditions to ensure that the loan fund monies are "recycled" to assist in provision of further Home Improvement Loans.
For more information or to apply please contact either:
Tel: 01437 775635