This includes the following matters:-
- Investigation of a wide range of statutory nuisances and clean air legislation complaints as they apply to commercial activity.
- Undertaking the investigation into a wide range of complaints involving odour, noise, dust fumes and other like conditions which may be deemed to be prejudicial to health or a statutory nuisance.
- Carrying out sampling and enforcement in relation to private water supplies within the County, from springs, boreholes or wells, for commercial use or for those serving domestic households or lettings.
- Sampling of mains water supplies in a monitoring capacity and liaising with the local water undertaker and other agencies in relation to the quality and wholesomeness of water supplies in the County.
- Sampling of some 26 "Non-Designated" bathing beaches and recreational water to assess water quality and suitability for bathing.
- Monitoring of the aqueous environment in conjunction with Natural Resources Wales and other partners.
- Carrying out of air quality reviews and assessments to determine overall air quality within the County.
- Responding to planning consultations with a view to protecting the local amenity from development impact.
- The administration and enforcement of permitted processes under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and The Environmental Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2010.
- Monitoring of background radiation levels in conjunction with other statutory agencies.
- Enforcement of legislation in relation to contaminated land as prescribed under the Environment Act 1995.
- The investigation of drainage defects, giving advice on remedial measures and where necessary take enforcement action.
- Responding to applications received under the Licensing Act 2003.
We are committed to providing an excellent service at all times and although we aim to cover the office from 9am-4pm we may not always be contactable by telephone. To report an emergency incident please telephone 01437 764551.