1. Jacket potatoes – choose smaller potatoes to be able to cook in a limited amount of time. Make sure they are all washed and clean. Get children to wrap their potato in foil and get all ready to go on the fire.
2. Dampers – dampers are made with flour and water, you may like to add a little sugar not much though. Children should search for sticks to cook the damper on or you can buy long skewers (wooden) secure the damper to the stick or skewer. Cook o the cinders or in the fire, you will know when they are cooked.
3. Welsh Cakes
4. Pasta – cooking pasta would be lovely to do outside especially in the summer when you can make a fresh pesto from basil, pine nuts and parmesan, a really health option.
5. Pop Corn – popping corn, oil, sugar or syrup and a heavy duty pan and containers for the popped corn. Use the little camping stove and pop away. Add a little oil to the pan heat and then add popping corn keep the lid on otherwise it will pop every where.
6. Kebab Skewers (veg) – Skewers, water, vegetables, chopping board, cooling tray, brush for oil and knife (make sure it is supervised), oil. Once veg are prepared then get the children to skewer and brush with oil, put on fire or BBQ to cook (Can be done with fruit too)
7. Pancakes – Flour, milk and eggs. Sugar, Jam or other toppings can be used such as vegetables, you will need oil, plates and a frying pan, and use the camping stove. Make batter. Heat oil in pan make pancakes.
8. Marshmallows – skewers, marshmallows, fire and off you go.
9. Sandwiches/wraps – make away
10. Orange Brownies (cut top off orange and scoop out middle, put brownie or cake mixture in the orange and place the top back on. Cover in foil and place in fire to cook)