Schools and Learning Committee
The role of the Schools and Learning Overview and Scrutiny Committee is to review and scrutinise services delivered to improve outcomes for children and young people, youth support and other community based services, including Adult Learning. It will support the raising of educational standards and outcomes for learners.
The remit and scope of the Committee is as follows;
- Educational outcomes, for all ages particularly at Key Stage 4
- School catergorisation
- Education through Regional Working (ERW)
- Individual schools (via a School Scrutiny Panel)
- Inclusion services
- Youth Support and other community based services
- Post-16 learning, skills and training
- Financial information relating to schools and learning
- Safeguarding in Education
The Committee has 13 members and 4 statutory co-optees. The Committee will meet at least five times per year and details of Committee members and future meetings can be found via the link below.
Schools and Learning Overview and Scrutiny Committee (opens new window)
Terms of Reference - Schools and Learning Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Work Programme - Schools and Learning