Pembrokeshire residents are being reminded that its library service is continuing to take orders during the current Alert Level 4.
In line with Welsh Government guidance, Pembrokeshire Libraries can continue to offer its popular Order and Collect service.
Libraries in Fishguard, Haverfordwest, Milford Haven, Narberth, Newport, Neyland, Pembroke, Pembroke Dock, Saundersfoot and Tenby are all currently accepting orders for the service.
So if you’re planning an essential trip to one of these locations, place an order with the library service before travelling and pick up some new lockdown companions.
Orders can be placed online via the Order and Collect form at pembrokeshire.gov.uk/libraries-reopening, or over the phone by contacting one of the libraries operating the service.
Library members can select up to a maximum of six items, and can either ask for a pre-selected collection such as romance or thrillers, or select specific titles from the online catalogue that are located at the library they wish to collect from.
To access the online catalogue, log on to pembrokeshire.gov.uk/libraries-and-culture, and select ‘Find Library Books’.
When placing an order, members can also specify their preferred format, such as Spoken Word, Large Print or items in the Welsh Language.
On submitting an order, members will be allocated a timeslot on a specified date to collect their items.
Library members should be aware of the following guidelines when using the Order and Collect service:
· The service is for collection only - you will only be allowed to collect your chosen items and will be required to wear a face covering.
· Queue only if you have an appointment to use the service.
· Aim to arrive no more than 10 minutes before your allocated timeslot.
· If you wish to order books but are unable to collect the items yourself, a friend or family member can do so by prior arrangement.
· You will need to provide your own bag/box when collecting your items.
· 2 metre social distancing must be observed during the collection process.
· Do not use the Order and Collect service if you or a member of your family is displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
For more information on the Order and Collect service, go to pembrokeshire.gov.uk/libraries-reopening.
Library members can also continue to enjoy free access to thousands of e-books, e-audio books, e-magazines and e-comics from home via the 24/7 e-Library.
To access the 24/7 e-Library, log on pembrokeshire.gov.uk/libraries-and-culture, and select ‘24/7 e-Library’.