Citizens sought to sit on Council's Governance and Audit Committee
Pembrokeshire County Council is looking for two citizens to sit as Lay Persons of its Governance & Audit Committee.
The committee’s work includes:
· reviewing and scrutinising the Authority’s financial affairs
· making reports and recommendations in relation to the Authority’s financial affairs
· reviewing and assessing the risk management, internal control, performance assessment and corporate governance arrangements of the Authority
· making reports and recommendations to the Council or to the relevant Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of those arrangements
· plus several other functions
The successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the value of the Audit function. They are also expected to demonstrate commitment to the values of accountability, probity, openness, independence, fairness and sound financial management in the public sector.
Citizens cannot become a Lay Member if they are
· a member or officer of any Local Authority
· if they have in the period of 12 months ending with the date of appointment been a member or an officer of any Local Authority
· if they are a spouse or civil partner of a member or officer of any Local Authority.
The appointment will be made by a panel of five individuals including an Independent Chairman, three Members of the Council and a Community Council Member.
An allowance will be payable for attendance at Governance & Audit Committee meetings.
The closing date for applications is 24 January 2022. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community.
· For a full description of the role and an application pack please contact
Jackie Thomas (tel: 01437 776292) or e-mail: JackieJ.Thomas@pembrokeshire.gov.uk