Pembrokeshire Schools Orchestras/Wind Bands
4:30pm - 6:30pm
- 1st December 2023
- 8th December 2023
Transport is provided from Ysgol Bro Gwaun, Milford Haven School, Ysgol y Preseli, Ysgol Penrhyn Dewi, Greenhill School and Henry Tudor School to Ysgol Caer Elen for Friday rehearsals.
Transport for County Ensembles is provided for Secondary School pupils only.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer transportation to Primary School age pupils as buses are not supervised and therefore only suitable for Secondary School pupils.
A Code of Practice for Pupils and Students attending County rehearsals.
This Code of Practice is designed for your safety and the safety of others. Please read and follow the guidelines below:
Due to Safeguarding, only secondary age pupils are able to access the transport provided.
A. During Your Journey
- Find a seat quickly and quietly without pushing and remain fully seated for the entire journey.
- Do not obstruct the gangway with bags or other belongings as this may trip other passengers and impede their evacuation from the bus in an emergency.
- Wear seat belts where they are fitted.
- Do not speak or do anything to distract the driver when he or she is driving, except in an emergency.
- Follow the instructions of the driver at all times during your journey and particularly if there is an accident or the bus breaks down.
- Children are expected to behave responsibly, in keeping with their school’s guidelines when waiting unsupervised for transport after school/college. Whilst waiting pupils are encouraged to avoid contact and communication with members of the public.
B. General Behaviour
- Bad behaviour will not be tolerated. Ultimately, persistent or particularly serious offenders will lose their right to take part in Music Service ensembles.
- Courteous behaviour towards other members of the ensemble and staff at all times.
- Prompt timekeeping. Late attendance delays rehearsals for everyone.
- Mobile phones to be on silent and out of sight during rehearsals.
- Always have a soft pencil and rubber on your music stand (never pen).
- Inform the conductor as soon as you are aware that you are unable to attend a rehearsal / concert.
C. General Information
- Concert dress will always be black.
- Pembrokeshire Music Service black polo shirts for events / concerts are available to purchase from Tees R Us, telephone number 01834 845216.
- When a conductor enters the stage, the ensemble will stand.
- Pupils are not allowed to leave the Caer Elen School site without a letter of permission from parents.
- A Tuck Shop will be in operation where drinks and snacks will be available for purchase.
The emergency contact numbers for Friday evenings are: Philippa Roberts 07776 104435/ Sarah Benbow 07966 375210
Christmas at the Movies Friday 8th December 2023 - 7-00pm Haverfordwest High VC School
- Featuring Performances from our County Ensembles and Community Choir
- Adults £8
- Children £4
- Family Ticket £18 (2 Adults and up to 4 children)
- Cash or Card on the door