Assisted Purchase scheme
What is it?
The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme enables pupils at Local Education Authority Schools, who receive tuition as part of their curriculum, to purchase instruments without paying V.A.T. Coupled with the discounts available through many suppliers, this can lead to savings approaching 40% on many student instruments.
This procedure has the approval of H.M. Customs and Excise.
What is the choice?
An instrument can be purchased from any supplier who is V.A.T. registered. Professional advice can be obtained from the child's visiting Instrumental Teacher.
How the Scheme works
On receipt of a completed order form, the Music Service will place an official County Council order with the supplier. Debit Card – we will contact you for payment on receipt of this form*** If paying by debit card we will require your telephone number/mobile number.
The instrument will then be delivered to the child's school and handed to the pupil. The instrument then becomes the property of the pupil.
How long will it take?
In most cases, the instrument will be delivered to the school within a week of the Music Service receiving your order. Occasionally this may take longer but often the instrument arrives at the school the next day.
What are the rules?
In order to comply with the regulations imposed by H.M. Customs and Excise, the following rules must be applied:
- The student must be in full time education at a Local Education Authority School in Pembrokeshire.
- The student must be either: a) receiving tuition at the school as part of their curriculum or b) receiving private tuition in support of a curricular activity such as G.C.S.E. or A level music.
- The instrument must be appropriate for the pupil's needs.
- The instrument must be portable.
- The instrument must be handed to the pupil in a designated teaching room.
- The instrument must be charged to the parents either at, or below the cost to the L.E.A.
What you need to do
- Fully complete the form
- Debit Card – we will contact you for payment on receipt of this form*** If paying by debit card we will require your telephone number/mobile number
- The instrument will then be ordered and delivered to the school
All information that we hold concerning you as an individual will be retained and processed by the Music Service strictly in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, as set out in our Fair Processing / Privacy Notice. A full version of this notice can be viewed at Pembrokeshire Music Service alternatively a paper copy can be provided on request by contacting us.
We are sure that you will appreciate the benefits offered to pupils through this scheme - if you have any questions or require further information, please contact:
Pembrokeshire County Council Music Service
Tel. 01437 775202