Your wedding is a unique and special occasion and we are here to help you to make it a day to remember.
Whatever you choose, whether it is an intimate ceremony with just yourselves and two witnesses, a small family gathering or a grand celebration we will be happy to help you make the day the one of your dreams.
Whether your ceremony is held in the Register Office, one of our approved premises, a church or other religious building you need to be aware of the formalities required.
- you do not necessarily have to live in Pembrokeshire to hold your ceremony here
- book well in advance to secure the time and date you want, contact us to discuss availability of dates and times
- you and your partner must be over 18 (or be able to provide evidence of consent if aged 16 or 17), not related to each other, and not in an existing marriage or civil partnership
- you will both be required to give a notice of marriage at the register office in the district where you live
- a notice of marriage is valid for one year but we will accept provisional bookings more than a year ahead
- you will need to make an appointment to give a notice of marriage and should book this by telephone
- you will need to make sure you have the correct documents when you attend and if in any doubt contact us for advice
- we shall offer suggestions regarding the content of your ceremony, but remember it is your day, so please feel free to put forward your own ideas
Our dedicated registration staff are here to offer support, advice and help to create your perfect day.
For more information please contact
Pembrokeshire District Register Office
1 Cherry Grove
Tel 01437 775176
Fax 01437 779357
Opening hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Limited free 2 hour parking is available behind the Register Office