The community Occupational Therapy (OT) service helps people of all ages who have difficulty carrying out daily activities due to disability, illness or ageing to find ways of coping with the effects of disability.
An Occupational Therapist will visit you at home where they can best observe how you are currently managing and work with you to develop ways to adapt techniques, use equipment or adapt your home to make day to day tasks easier and safer.
The OT service aims to:
- Provide advice and information about safe practice and Falls Prevention
- Provide advice and information about Daily Living Aids that can give you more control and independence in your life
- Identify technology such as remote monitoring and emergency alarms to support you to live independently
- Identify equipment to make your home safer
- Identify appropriate ways of Adapting Your Home necessary to enable you to remain safe at home
- Support you with moving into alternative accommodation if the need relates to your disability and it is not reasonable or practical to adapt your home
- Work closely with other services to support you 'holistically'
If you feel that either you, or someone you know, would benefit from an Occupational Therapy assessment, please make a referral as below:
Tel: 01437 764551
Out of hours emergency telephone number: 0345 601 5522
For any questions, information or advice please contact:
Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.