Local Development Plan (LDP) Review / Replacement LDP (LDP2) 2021-2033
Why are we undertaking a Review?
The Authority adopted its Local Development Plan in February 2013. After four years the Authority must review the Plan as a whole – this process commenced on 5th May 2017. The purpose of review is to ensure that the LDP stays up-to-date. Review provides the opportunity to make changes to the Plan, if these are required.
The Authority is therefore now working on a Replacement Local Development Plan for Pembrokeshire. It is anticipated that this Plan will be adopted in 2021 and will run until 2033. This Plan will cover the area of Pembrokeshire, excluding the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority.
What are we doing now?
During spring/summer 2020, officers will consider all of the representations made on the Deposit Plan. Later in the year, a report listing all of the comments made on the Deposit Plan, together with a recommended officer response will be presented to Full Council. A list of recommended changes known as Focussed Changes will be included in the report. Full Council will then consider and either support or suggest further amendments to the report. Once agreed, any changes will be published as part of a Focussed Change consultation that will be open for further comments. Given the current COVID-19 emergency situation, we are not certain of the timetable for this. We will continue to monitor the situation over the next few months.
Any representations which seek changes not recommended by Full Council will still be considered at the Examination in Public (anticipated for 2021) by a Welsh Government appointed Planning Inspector. You will be contacted by the Programme Officer prior to the Examination who will inform you if the Inspector will allow you to speak at the Inquiry or if your written comments are accepted instead.
What have we done so far?
· The Delivery Agreement was subject to a formal public consultation between 9th November 2017 and 5th January 2018. Welsh Government agreed the Delivery Agreement on the 7th June 2018.
· Between July and September 2018 we ran an informal consultation on Strategic Options for the Local Development Plan.
· Between December 2018 and February 2019 we ran a consultation on the Pre-Deposit Local Development Plan proposals including our Preferred Strategy.
· The Candidate Sites Register has been published
· Work has also been undertaken on the Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment.
· The Habitats Regulations Appraisal (HRA) and the Equalities Impact Assessment have been undertaken and the Review Report was been updated and published for comment alongside the Preferred Strategy.
. Between 15 January and 18 March 2020 we ran a consultation on the Deposit Plan.