Living with a Disability

Physical disabilities

Whether you are registered as disabled, or you are just finding it harder to get about or do things for yourself there are many kinds of support available to help you live as independently as possible. You may be eligible to receive this support through the Adult Care. Adult Care can work with you to provide information and help you to access a range of services that meet your needs. 

You can ask Adult Care for an assessment of the help you might need. If you qualify for help you may want to consider using the ‘Direct payments scheme’ which gives you money to spend on arranging your own care. 

Has disability information about employment, health and education. There is also advice for disabled people on independent living, leisure, financial support and rights and access to on-line services.

Provides support, information and advice to more than a quarter of a million disabled people and their families every year and raise awareness of disability issues.

The Department of Health offers a wide range of information for people with physical disabilities 

Disability Rights UK provides information, products and services developed by and for disabled people. They have published a guide for newly disabled people and their families called 'If I had only known that a year ago', available from online and chain book stores.

An online community providing information, news and lively online debates with other disabled and non-disabled people, parents, carers, nurses and occupation therapists.

Dewis Cymru (opens in a new tab) is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.

ID: 2142, revised 24/08/2023