COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at


Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing

Premises Licences – COVID 19

Pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants are now permitted to open outdoors only from Monday, 13th July

Welsh Government - Coronavirus: guidance for tourism and hospitality businesses 

Please see additional relevant detailed industry guidance published by UK Hospitality - updated 30th July 2020

The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 2) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020 can be found here, and further guidance here 

As each premises is different, you will need to risk assess your own outdoor area and operating procedures accordingly. (Please see UK hospitality guidance above for a full list):

  • Opening outdoors only – utilising open spaces outside buildings, including, but not limited to: beer gardens, patios and pavements.
  • The use of awnings, gazebos or marquees should be open on 3 or 4 sides so as to be considered and treated as an external environment. Creating safer public places 
  • Pre-booking is recommended. Walk-ups are allowed subject to provision of names and contact details and social/physical distancing.
  • Ensure customers provide lead names and contact details to facilitate – Test, Trace, Protect 
  • Set a maximum capacity for the premises and put in place measures for communicating and managing the maximum capacity set - for example, by setting dwell times.
  • Implement one-way systems, where the building allows. Outside queues should be managed to ensure they do not cause a risk to individuals, other businesses or additional security risks, for example by introducing queuing systems.
  • Table consumption only. Standing consumption only allowed at tall tables.
  • Venues should not permit live performances to take place in front of a live audience.
  • Recorded music should be kept at background level; dancing should not be allowed.
  • All children’s play areas should remain closed.
  • The use of Apps or other communications devices is recommended, to reduce contact with customers, including options for menus, ordering, billing and contactless payment.
  • Access to indoor toilets will be allowed. See guidance on the safe management of toilets used by the public 
  • Thorough and regular cleaning of high contact touch points, toilets, tables etc. throughout the course of the service in line with your risk assessed cleaning regime.
  • Ensure customers are fully aware of their responsibilities for observing social distancing and all COVID-19 safety measures – using clear signage and other visual communications

COVID-19 unlocking signs are available for the general Pembrokeshire community and businesses to download free of charge for use in their unlocking plans.

You should also refer to the Welsh Government Hospitality Sector Guidance

Premises will need to undertake a COVID-19 risk assessment of their premises and consider what measures are necessary. Template risk assessment 

Below are some resources that may assist in preparing for re-opening:

Coronavirus Pre-opening checklist 

Working safely

Re-opening your business 

Keep Wales safe in retail 

Keeping workers and customers safe in restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaways 

Information for Pembrokeshire businesses open during Covid 

Pembrokeshire business advice and support 

Covid 19 Unlocking signs 

If questions arise, or the Licensing Team can be of any further assistance, please email or telephone 01437 764551

Premises Licence

A premises licence authorises the use of the premises for one or more licensable activities, which are:

  • Sale, by retail of alcohol
  • Provision of regulated entertainment
  • Provision of late night refreshment

Before preparing any premises licence application, you should read our Statement of Licensing Policy , and follow the statutory guidance (issued by the Home Office under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003), when describing the steps you propose to take to promote the licensing objectives, which are: 

  • The prevention of crime and disorder
  •  Public safety
  • The prevention of public nuisance
  • The protection of children from harm 

Application Forms

Application for Premises Licence - New

Application to transfer a premises licence

Consent of premises licence holder to transfer

Application to vary the designated premises supervisor

Consent of individual to be designated premises supervisor


Licensing Act 2003 - Fees

Personal licence

We issue personal licences which allow individuals to authorise sales of alcohol at a premises - providing it has a valid premises licence – including pubs, off licences, restaurants and hotels.

Personal licence holders can also be named on a premises licence as the Designated Premises Supervisor.

How to apply

You must apply to the licensing authority for the area where you live, not the licensing authority in which you work.

The fee for this licence is £37.

Before submitting your application, we suggest you read our guidance notes  - these explain the requirements you must comply with.

Application Forms

Application for a Personal Licence

Disclosure of convictions and civil immigration penalties and declaration

 All applications can be obtained by emailing or by contacting our customer service centre on 01437 764551

As a public body, we are under a duty to protect the public funds that we administer, and to this end may use  the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administrating public funds for these purposes.

ID: 2057, revised 03/08/2020