Planning and Development
Your Council Tax contributes towards…
- supporting town centre regeneration and six established town teams to identify opportunities to regenerate their towns.
- guiding and managing development including the preservation and enhancement of the County’s built and natural heritage.
- running the Pembrokeshire Science and Technology Park, including the flagship Bridge Innovation Centre.
- providing other business infrastructure in the form of 145 business units, 45 county farms, and 35 shop/office premises.
- running Haverfordwest Airport.
- managing the Council’s corporate office buildings.
- operating Tenby and Lower Fishguard harbours, and markets at Tenby, Pembroke Dock and Fishguard.
- securing European and other grant funding to support economic and social development and deliver projects that support Council priorities.
- supporting communities through grants, loans, and project management
- marketing Pembrokeshire as a year round tourism destination through integrated marketing campaigns, www.visitpembrokeshire.com and in partnership with Visit Wales and Visit Britain.
- leading the Destination Pembrokeshire Partnership to guide the development of tourism products and services across the county.
- running the Pembrokeshire Produce Mark scheme and managing Haverfordwest Farmers Market.
- organising Pembrokeshire Fish Week and supporting other food festivals.