Planning and Development
Your Council Tax is spent on…
- supporting town centre regeneration and six established town teams to identify opportunities to regenerate their towns.
- guiding and managing development including the preservation and enhancement of the County’s built and natural heritage.
- running the Pembrokeshire Science and Technology Park, including the flagship Bridge Innovation Centre.
- providing other business infrastructure in the form of 145 business units, 45 county farms, 35 shop/office premises, and Haverfordwest Airport.
- managing the Council’s corporate office buildings.
- operating Tenby and Lower Fishguard harbours, and markets at Tenby, Pembroke Dock and Fishguard.
- securing European and other grant funding to support economic and social development and deliver projects that support Council priorities.
- supporting local business and community projects, helping to create jobs, and promoting local products.
- marketing Pembrokeshire as a quality tourism destination through integrated marketing campaigns and www.visitpembrokeshire.com – and producing an annual Pembrokeshire Holiday Guide with a commercial publisher.
- leading the Destination Pembrokeshire Partnership to guide the development of tourism products and services across the county.
- supporting communities through grants, loans, and project management.