Cultural and Related Services
Your Council Tax is spent on…
- running 10 leisure centres which attract circa 1.3 million visits annually, providing physical activity opportunities for all ages in the community. Our six largest centres are each open for over 95 hours a week.
- providing approximately 280 weekly exercise classes, and accommodating some 480 weekly sport and physical activity club sessions.
- providing ‘Learn to Swim’ sessions at the County’s leisure centres teaching approximately 3,000 children every week.
- supporting Education in the provision of facilities and the instruction of swimming for 4,900 primary school pupils annually.
- managing Pembrokeshire’s many award-winning beaches. In 2017, Pembrokeshire County Council was awarded 11 Blue Flags, 13 Green Coast Awards and 31 Seaside Awards.
- providing lifeguards on 11 of the county’s beaches during the summer months in partnership with the RNLI and supporting five beach lifeguard clubs across the County.
- running the National Exercise Referral Scheme, which has been attended by over 7,000 people since its introduction in 2008.
- providing a comprehensive library service, including a mobile and home delivery service, and an online service.
- running Pembrokeshire Archives and Local Studies.
- providing information on tourism and dealing with enquiries from visitors.
- running Scolton Manor and Country Park, and supporting independent museums across the County.
- supporting the Torch Theatre and many arts and music facilities across the County.