Housing Support Grant (HSG)
The purpose of the Housing Support Grant is to prevent homelessness and support people to have the capability, independence, skills and confidence to access and/or maintain a stable and suitable home. By commissioning specialist and generic services, we aim to reduce and prevent homelessness and to ensure that any homelessness that cannot be prevented is brief and unrepeated.
What services do the Housing Support Grant fund?
- Supported accommodation
- Support for individuals who are sleeping rough
- Refuge for women and children who are fleeing domestic abuse
- Support at the Local Authority's emergency/temporary accommodation
- Generic and specialist floating support for individuals in their own homes or in the community
What support can be offered?
- Our Providers can work in partnership with you to:
- Access safe, suitable and sustainable accommodation and negotiate appropriate tenancy terms;
- Manage your debts and money, such as rent arrears, claiming benefits, and budgeting on a low income;
- Develop or maintain the skills and confidence necessary for you to live as independently as possible in a safe and suitable home;
- Access emotional support which promotes resilience and well-being;
- Signposting and access to other services such as health, social care and other agencies;
- Improve the sustainability of your housing by tackling any social isolation and helping you play a full part in the community;
- Support you to access services which provide opportunities for education, training, volunteering, and employment;
- Understand your housing rights, including welfare rights.
How to access
All referrals for support are processed through our Housing Support Gateway. The Housing Support Gateway forms a single point of contact for all incoming referrals and will assess each referral before identifying and making an onward referral to the most suitable provider to support with the identified needs.
Completed referral forms should be returned to Gateway@pembrokeshire.gov.uk ensuring that the necessary consent has been obtained from the individual that the referral relates to.
Please email Gateway@pembrokeshire.gov.uk to request a Housing Support Grant Gateway Referral Form
Housing Support Programme (HSP) Strategy 2022-26
This strategy sets out the approach that Pembrokeshire County Council will take to continuing to support our most vulnerable residents – those who are risk of, or experience homelessness and those who need support to maintain their tenancies and live as part of their communities.
Fundamental to this strategy is the aim of helping people live independently in the community. This includes not just access to appropriate housing but strategic action to ensure that there is adequate supply of the homes that are required across Pembrokeshire.
If you require any additional information please contact the team on:
Tel: 01437 764551
Forms & downloads