Report a change of circumstances
If you receive Housing Benefit and your circumstances (or those of a member of your household) change you must contact us immediately because this can affect your entitlement to benefit. You must also tell us if you change address.
Landlords who are receiving direct payments of Housing Benefit for a tenant should also report changes they find out about.
If you have moved home and want to continue to claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you will need to complete a Change of Address Form, please telephone Revenue Services on 01437 764551 to request the form. To tell us about any other changes that may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction please telephone us on 01437 764551 with details of the change, especially if it means that you no longer want to claim benefit as a result. We may still ask you to confirm the details in writing.
You can telephone us on 01437 764551 with the details of the change, especially if it means you no longer want to claim benefit as a result, but we may still ask you to confirm the details in writing.
Please write to us at Revenue Services, PO BOX 42, Haverfordwest SA61 1YH
Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not tell us about a change in your circumstance within a month of the change you could lose out on any increase in benefit or if there is a decrease in benefit, you could end up with an overpayment, which you will have to pay back.
These are some example of changes that you should tell us about:
- If you or your partner receive Universal Credit.
- A change in your income or the income of a household member (e.g. partner, children or other people who live with you).
- If you, your partner or a household member stop receiving Income Support or Jobseeker's Allowance (Income Based), Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based) or Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit).
- If you, your partner or a household member start work.
- Changes in the number of people living with you.
- If you change address (for private tenants this includes a change of room in the same property).
- If you go to prison.
- If any of your children leave school.
- If the amount of your childcare payments change.
- If the rent you pay changes (private tenants only).
- If you decide to stay permanently in a residential care or nursing home.
- If you leave your address for a temporary period e.g. if you go into hospital or residential care.
- If you go on holiday for 4 weeks or more
If you are in doubt about what changes need to be reported contact us for advice.
We may need to ask you for evidence of the change but we will speak to you about this when you contact us.
If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you need to report any changes in your circumstances to the Universal Credit Services Centre telephone line on 0345 6000 723 or 0845 6000 723, they will then inform us of the change to your Universal Credit.