Housing Benefit

Can I claim?

To apply for Housing Benefit you must:

  • Normally live at the property you are applying for
  • Be liable to pay rent for the property
  • Either be entitled to:
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance (Income based)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income related)
  • or have a low income.

People with over £16,000 in savings will not normally qualify for any benefit unless you are in receipt of Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.

If you want to apply for Housing Benefit and/or a Council Tax Reduction you will need to complete an application form available from Revenue Services, please telephone 01437 764551.

ID: 62, revised 13/09/2022