Assistance With Heating Costs
If you are struggling with your winter fuel costs, you should speak to your energy provider in the first place.
Advice & Support
- Age Cymru - publish the Help with Heating Costs in Wales and Save Energy, Pay Less factsheets.
- Care & Repair - may be able to support with identifying ways of reducing your heating bills or to access relevant grants if you live in your own home or are a private tenant.
- Citizens Advice - offer advice about what to do if you are struggling to pay your energy bills.
- Energy Saving Trust - offer free and impartial advice to help lower emissions and cut energy bill costs.
- Warmer Wales - the new energy advice service funded by the British Gas Energy Trust will be available from January 2019 to March 2021. Our local energy advisor will provide expert energy advice alongside welfare benefits and debt advice to people in, or at risk of, fuel poverty.
- British Gas Energy Trust - The Trust helps families and individuals experiencing hardship who are struggling with gas and electricity debts by awarding grants to clear those debts.
- NEST - offers a range of free, impartial advice if you own your own home or rent privately, and, if you are eligible, a package of free home energy efficiency improvements such as a new boiler, central heating or insulation. This can lower your energy bills and benefit your health and wellbeing.
- Warm Home Discount Scheme - A UK Government scheme which offers money off your energy bill.
- You may be eligible for Winter Fuel Payments and/or Cold Weather Payments.
- Third Party Deductions - A UK Government scheme which enables you to have some of your bills (including rent, services charges, fuel or water bills) paid directly out of your benefits payments if you’re having difficulties.