Hearing problems

Hearing problems

Help from your doctor

If you are having problems with your hearing, go to your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may:

  • Give you treatment particularly if there is a blockage or an infection
  • Refer you to a specialist for a more detailed examination – perhaps to the audiology department or to an ear, nose and throat consultant
  • Refer you to a hearing therapist who can give advice about living with hearing loss and making the most of your remaining hearing.

Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.

ID: 2138, revised 05/07/2022