Food Hygiene Ratings
Can I request a further visit to re-rate the premises?
Under the legislation the food business operator can use the form prescribed in the legislation to request a further inspection to re-rate the business if:
- any appeal against the rating has been determined;
- the operator has notified the local authority of improvements made to hygiene standards at the food premises;
- the local authority considers it reasonable to inspect in view of the improvements said to have been undertaken;
- the current hygiene rating sticker is displayed;
- the food business operator has agreed to give access to the inspecting officer; and,
- the food business operator has paid the cost of the re-rating. This cost has been set nationally at £180. No visit to re-rate the business will be undertaken until the fee has been paid.
The prescribed form to make a request to re-rate the business is provided below. Alternatively the form can be obtained by contacting this office.
Where a request is made for a further visit to re-rate the premises, and the above criteria are met, the visit will take place within three months of receipt of the request.