Planning your event

Can I sell food at my event?

Yes, but Food Safety laws will need to be complied with. Ensure that all food concessions/caterers are registered with a Local Authority as a Food Business Operator. It is strongly recommended that organisers should check that all caterers have a food hygiene rating of 3 or above. This can be checked with the Food Standards Agency (FSA)

A list of names, addresses, contact details and details of food hygiene rating of all food concessions (including those giving away food as part of a demonstration) should be provided to the Food Safety Team 21 days prior to the event.

Please See Outdoor Catering Checklist and contact our Food Safety team for advice: 01437 764551

The sale of food or goods on the highway will need Street Trading consent. Please contact our Streetcare Team on 01437 765441 or

ID: 4868, revised 14/02/2020