Family Information Service
As well as offering advice to parents, carers, grandparents, professionals and employers on a range of children's activities and childcare services we can point you in the right direction if you are looking for local parent and toddler groups.
We can also tell you about services that provide support to parents and carers of children and young people aged 0 - 19 years to help them in their parenting role.
Providers of childcare services can register and include their information on the FIS database free of charge and receive information on training opportunities.
The FIS will:
- Provide support and guidance to help enquirers identify their requirements.
- Explain the different types of childcare available in Pembrokeshire.
- Be impartial and objective, offering guidance on how to choose the childcare provision, which is most suited to the enquirer's needs and those of their children.
- Be committed to respecting the confidentiality of parents, carers and childcare providers.
- Ensure that parents, carers and providers have the right to decide what details and information they choose to share with us.
The FIS provides help, advice and support for:
- Childcare providers and early years play workers.
- Information and signposting on careers in childcare.
- Setting up, registering and developing out of school childcare, childminding and pre-school care.
- Training opportunities and advice on sustaining quality, affordable and accessible childcare.
- Signposting to local and national voluntary, statutory and private organisations that support children and young people.