Pembrokeshire Voices for Equality
Are you involved in a group that provides a focus for people with an equality interest?
Equality interests are:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
Want to make sure the voices of people you support are heard by public sector organisations when they plan and deliver services in Pembrokeshire?
Join Pembrokeshire Voices for Equality, which was established in 2014, to help make sure this happens.
The public sector organisations involved are:
- Dyfed Powys Police
- Hywel Dda University Health Board
- Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service
- Pembrokeshire College
- Pembrokeshire County Council
- Pembrokeshire National Coast Park Authority
- Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust
The group has agreed to:
- Work together to raise awareness of equality and diversity
- Work together to identify and tackle barriers to inclusion
- Provide opportunities for representatives of equality groups and public sector bodies to network in a safe and supportive environment
- Provide equality interests with the opportunity to influence the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, plans and services
- Develop relevant organisiations' Strategic Equality Plans / Well-being Plans
The group aims to meet four times a year.
It has a third sector Chairperson.
Members also receive regular news about equality issues and events.
There are similar groups in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion.
Want to find out more, please contact:
Sarah Worby (Co-ordination)
Pembrokeshire County Council
Pembrokeshire Voices for Equality Leaflet