United Kingdom Parliamentary General Election 2019
There will be a Parliamentary General Election in the United Kingdom on Thursday 12th December 2019.
Preseli Pembrokeshire and Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Constituencies
The UK is divided into 650 constituencies, each with one Member of Parliament (MP). You vote for one MP to sit in the UK Parliament to represent your constituency. You will find information here relating to the constituencies of Preseli Pembrokeshire and Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire.
Timetable for a UK Parliamentary general election in Great Britain
Notice of Election
Notice of Election - Preseli Pembrokeshire Constituency
Notice of Election - Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Constituency
Nomination papers for the constituencies of Preseli Pembrokeshire and Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire should be delivered, by hand, to the (Acting) Returning Officer, Ian Westley, County Hall, Haverfordwest, between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm during the period Friday 8th November 2019 and ending at 4.00pm on Thursday 14th November 2019.
Statement of Persons Nominated
PE3: Statement of Persons Nominated – Preseli Pembrokeshire Constituency
PE4: Statement of Persons Nominated – Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Constituency
PE5: Notice of Election Agents - Preseli Pembrokeshire Constituency
PE6: Notice of Election Agents - Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Constituency
PE7: Situation of Polling Stations - Preseli Pembrokeshire Constituency
PE8: Situation of Polling Stations - Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Constituency
Register to Vote
If you want to vote at this election you must be registered to vote. Please register now if you have not already done so - as soon it will be too late. Applications to register must be received by Tuesday 26th November 2019.
To be eligible to vote at a UK general election you must be registered and also:
- be 18 years of age or over on polling day be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote.
- Additionally, the following cannot vote in a UK general election:
- members of the House of Lords
- EU citizens resident in the UK
- anyone other than British, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizen
- convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences - though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register
- anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election.
Voting by post or by proxy
If you are not going to be able to go to a polling station to vote, you can apply to vote by post or proxy. You can find out more information about voting by post and by proxy: Electoral Commission
If you already have arrangements to vote by post or by proxy that you want to change, you will need to do so by 5.00pm on Tuesday 26th November 2019.
Download a Postal Vote Application Form
Postal Vote Application deadline – 5pm on Tuesday 26th November 2019
Download a Proxy Vote Application Form
Proxy Vote Application deadline - 5pm on Wednesday 4th December 2019