1. Why do we collect & keep personal information
As a Local Authority we collect and use your personal information so that we can assess you for Blue Badge Scheme of Parking applications.
The Processing of your data is necessary for the performance of this task.
The Council provides a number of different services which are listed on our website
2. How Information about you is used
The information that you provide will be processed according to the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) and other legislation relevant to Blue Badges:
Verbal FPN (Privacy Notice) read out with every application
We will not disclose your information to third parties for marketing purposes and your data will be secure and confidential at all times. The council has a duty to protect public funds and may use personal information and data-matching techniques to detect and prevent fraud, and ensure public money is targeted and spent in the most appropriate and cost-effective way. In order to achieve this, information may be shared with internal departments.
We will collect the personal information that is required to provide you with a blue badge only. In most cases the minimum required will be your name, address and date of birth, National Insurance Number any relevant DWP benefit and/or personal medical information. Further information may be requested depending on the criteria for eligibility. We will only request information that is relevant and not excessive. It may be necessary to disclose your information to Able2 Occupational Therapy Services who Welsh Government has appointed as the independent advisory service.
3. How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only hold the information provided to us for your Blue Badge for three years. Your information will be securely disposed of once it is no longer required.
4. Access to my personal Information?
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. To make a request please contact the Access to Records Team using the details provided below:
Access to Records Team
Pembrokeshire County Council
e-mail: email@example.com Telephone:01437 775798
5. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you for your blue badge:
- The right of access - You are entitled to request access to, and a copy of, any information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to ask to have your information corrected.
- The right to restrict processing may apply - You may request that we stop processing your personal data in relation to Blue Badges however, this may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. We will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties.
- The right to object - This is not an absolute right and will depend on the reason for processing your personal data
6. Complaints or queries
Pembrokeshire County Council tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
This privacy notice does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below:-
Data Protection Officer
Pembrokeshire County Council
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone No: 01437 764551
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as the statutory body which oversees data protection law.
Information Commissioner's Office
e-mail: email@example.com Telephone No: 0303 123 1113
7. Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review.