Pembrokeshire County Council (PCC) is committed to achieving a diverse and dynamic working environment, harnessing individual talents and skills. By embarking on the Disability Confident journey, we aim to maximise our inclusive working environment and reap the rewards that this approach can bring.
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are:
- challenging attitudes towards disability
- increasing understanding of disability
- removing barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
- ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Definition of disability
The Equality Act (2010) defines disability as a physical or mental condition which has a long term and substantial effect on your daily life.
By becoming a Disability Confident Employer, PCC can ensure that we;
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- keep valuable skills and experience
- reduce the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly
PCC will provide a job interview to candidates who say that they have a genuine disability and have met the essential job criteria as part of the job application process.
For any candidates who require support with any aspect of the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Team directly.