Fancy Joining our ICT Team?
Looking to develop your career in IT?
We have a range of fantastic job opportunities based in beautiful Pembrokeshire.
A career with us means you can have a direct impact on not only the services we offer but on the wider community as well. Our IT department are a vital service within the Authority offering daily support for staff in all areas. With new innovations in technology and the changing trends in remote working there has never been a better time to join this dynamic team.
Grade 8 £30,095 - £34,373
This is an open-ended position required for 37 hours per week with the flexibility to work from home.
As a Database Administrator you will support the implementation, configuration, maintenance, disaster recovery and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, ensuring the availability and consistent performance of all applications. They will project manage database systems across all areas of Council business.
In this role you may be required to work outside of normal hours to respond to business needs on occasions. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that if shortlisted for interview this will take place remotely over video call.
We are committed to providing a great work-life balance by providing flexibility while ensuring you feel connected and part of a cohesive team.
With it’s breathtaking scenery, coastal lifestyle and a range of leisure activities, Pembrokeshire has a lot to offer; and so do we. The following is just a taster of the range of benefits of joining the PCC team:
- Generous Annual Leave of up to 30 days
- Membership of the Local Government ‘career average' defined benefit pension scheme
- Flexible and agile working
- Access to discounts on a range of products, services and attractions
- A wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing, including a professional in-house occupational health service and access to counselling services
- A generous occupational maternity pay plan, on top of statutory benefits
- Other family-friendly benefits such as childcare vouchers
- If you are shortlisted for interview this will take place over video call.
- We are seeking individuals with a passion for technology who can guide, inform and innovate within a range of IT roles.