What do the Day Centres provide?
The Day Centres provide a day service for older people living in the community who need extra support to enable them to maintain their independence in partnership with social care & health.
The purpose of Day Centres is to provide a service that:
- Values & respects people as individuals
- Promotes well-being
- Supports & enables people to maximise independence
- Supports people to make decisions about the services they receive
- Allows carers to have valuable time away from their caring responsibilities
The Day Centres provides the following opportunities:
- Healthy living & well -being
- Activities including quizzes & board games
- Gentle exercise
- Lunchtime meal & refreshments
- Assist with personal care, bathing & hairdressing
- Arts & Crafts
- Visits to places of interest
The majority of the activities are provided in house by the day centre staff with the exception of hairdressing & external activities which people pay for directly.