Council Tax Discounts
In order to apply for a carer's discount the carer must:
- Live in the same property as the person being cared for
- Provide care for at least 35 hours a week on average
- Not be the partner (or parent - if the person needing care is a child under 18) of the person being cared for.
They must be caring for someone entitled to:
- an attendance allowance or,
- The highest or middle rate of the care component of disability living allowance or,
- An increase in the rate of disablement pension due to the need for constant attendance or,
- An increase in constant attendance allowance.
- The standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of personal independence payment under the Welfare Reform Act 2012 s78(3)
- Armed forces independence payment under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces [Compensation Scheme] Order 2011
You may also qualify if:
- You are employed by a charity to care for someone in their home
- You are paid no more than £44 per week
- You are employed for at least 24 hours per week.
- Apply for a carer's discount by logging in to your MyAccount or by completing the on-line form
ID: 44, revised 20/10/2021Print