COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at or How to apply for a Covid-19 test,

Coronavirus Advice and Guidance

Accommodation Advice

Re-opening of self-contained holiday accommodation

Options for re-opening and a final decision will be made at the next review of the regulations on 25 March.

Bookings can be made for self-contained accommodation from 27th March, but only for welsh residents from a single household. 

Holiday providers are being urged not to take Easter bookings from outside Wales. People in England cannot holiday in other parts of the UK until 12 April at the earliest.

Self-contained accommodation includes:

  • Hotels and other serviced accommodation (e.g. B&Bs, hostels, etc.) that do provide en-suite rooms and can provide room service meals.
  • Other accommodation that is entirely self-contained (e.g. self-catering cottages, apartments, etc.)
  • Glamping or any other accommodation with ensuite shower/bath, WC and kitchen facilities
  • Holiday caravans, Touring caravans (including seasonal),  motorhomes and campervans where they have their own on-board shower, WC and kitchen facilities
  • Caravan & touring sites will need to ensure the strict application of industry guidance on shared waste disposal and water points.
  • All shared facilities, aside from water and disposal points, will remain closed including toilets, shower blocks, laundry, nightclubs, swimming pools
  • Bars, restaurants and cafes can operate a take-away service only.

 Please note: Accommodation can only be let to members of the same household.


Accommodation Permits

As a business, if you are housing or want to house key workers &/or vulnerable individuals, who are non welsh residents (up until the 12th April) you must operate within the correct permission and comply with the regulations.  You need to contact Pembrokeshire County Council via email at or by phone on 01437 764551 to discuss the permitting of your premise. There is no charge for this service and premises operating without a permit may invalidate their business insurance.

The business can only accommodate those workers/vulnerable persons that are approved by the local authority. Any permitted opening under this provision will be specific, and limited, to the particular purposes set out in the request. Businesses must comply with social distancing and infection control and prevention measures.

Businesses must ensure they obtain information to check legitimacy of key workers and record the evidence for possible examination.

Please note it is an offence for owners not to comply with their duties. The offence can be penalised by a fine.

Requests of accommodation from Key Workers

Key workers, or the employers, requiring accommodation to support their working arrangements in Pembrokeshire can contact us to discuss their requirements. Key workers can only be accommodated on their own. Family or members of their household must remain in their primary residence.

If you stay in an accommodation then it must be permitted under the regulations.


Our communities continue to be monitored in partnership with Dyfed Powys Police and officers of our Public Protection team for compliance. If you have information that causes you concern in your community relating to the use of holiday accommodation and buildings please contact us on 01437 764551 or email

The regulations are clear that residents should stay at their primary residence and that travel to holiday accommodation or second homes is not essential travel. This is valid until the 27th March for Welsh residents and until the 12th April for individuals residing outside of Wales 




ID: 6387, revised 19/04/2021