Complaints about Food or Food Premises

How to complain about a food item

If you have bought an item of food that you believe is contaminated in some way, we will consider the significance of the complaint and determine whether it is likely to be serious enough to warrant an investigation by our Department.

Some examples of things that we investigate include:

  • Foods containing foreign bodies (e.g., stones, glass, insects, hair, plasters, cigarette ends etc.)
  • Food that is out of condition (e.g. mouldy, rotten, off-smelling etc)
  • Food that is past its' Use-by Date or where it is suspected of making someone ill.

If you would like to make a complaint about a food item you have bought in Pembrokeshire you can:

Please save the food in its original container and keep the receipt for the food if you have one. If the item of food is one of a number of units (e.g. one carton of yogurt from a pack of four) it is useful to have these as well.

ID: 1559, revised 17/03/2023