Planning and Consent

Types of Licence

Temporary Event Notice (TEN) 

Premises licence

You could receive an unlimited fine or go to prison, or both, if you carry out licensable activities without a proper licence.


You should also contact us if your event involves any of the following:

  • Trading in the street
  • Charitable collection
  • Selling raffle tickets
  • Catering
  • Road closures
  • Sanitary provision
  • Waste disposal
  • Firework display
  • Animal performances
  • Parking
  • Industrial equipment such as large generators
  • Stages, temporary structures 

 If you intend to hold an event on Council land you will need to contact the Property Team


ID: 4365, revised 12/11/2018
ID: 4366, revised 12/11/2018

Planning and Consent

It’s essential to know from the outset of a project whether planning permission will be required. Planning requirements will depend on the specific nature of your project and the land or buildings current use and existing permissions.

Temporary use of a site may be subject to planning regulations. For example addressing concerns such as the appearance of the project and the local impact of traffic and parking should be addressed prior to making an application.

Funders will often require planning permission to be in place when grant applications are made.

PCC - Planning and Building Control

Pembrokeshire Coast National Parks Planning






ID: 3855, revised 13/11/2018