Planning and Consent

Types of Licence

Temporary Event Notice (TEN) 

Premises licence

You could receive an unlimited fine or go to prison, or both, if you carry out licensable activities without a proper licence.

You should also contact us if your event involves any of the following:

  • Trading in the street
  • Charitable collection
  • Selling raffle tickets
  • Catering
  • Road closures
  • Sanitary provision
  • Waste disposal
  • Firework display
  • Animal performances
  • Parking
  • Industrial equipment such as large generators
  • Stages, temporary structures 

 If you intend to hold an event on Council land you will need to contact the Property Team


ID: 4365, revised 14/04/2023