Does your project require financial support? Becoming a constituted group will enable you to access funding opportunities.
Before attempting to raise money here are some suggestions.
- Funders will only support constituted groups with governing committee and a bank account.
- Prepare a project plan that outlines what you aim to achieve and how.
- Identify who will benefit from your project/ activity
- Consider the changes in the community resulting from your project
- Prepare a realistic budget and know approximately how much money you require.
- Funders are generally quite specific regarding who, where and what they support.