Civic Amenity Sites (Tip)

What do I need to do if I carry waste as part of my business?

From January 2014, you need to register as a waste carrier if you regularly transport waste as part of your business.

You can be fined up to £5,000 if you don't register.


You must register as a waste carrier if you do any of the following as part of your business:

  • transport your own waste regularly (from January 2014)
  • transport construction or demolition waste (even if it's a one off)
  • transport or dispose of waste for someone else.


Please use the following link to register

Site attendants have the right to refuse the disposal of wastes from businesses that are not registered as waste carriers.

ID: 2342, revised 24/01/2018